This Information Applies To: 2100 Bioanalyzer system, 2100 Expert software, RNA assay, DNA assay, Protein assay
The X-axis description toggle icon in the Agilent 2100 Expert software toolbar (Figure 1) does not change the X-axis from time scale to base pairs, nucleotides, or kilodaltons. Displays X-axis in time scale only.
The common causes of toggle failure include:
- The software did not identify the peak. To rectify, manually integrate the peak.
- The software did not automatically assign the upper or lower marker in one or more wells of the 2100 Bioanalyzer assay. As a fail-safe, the software will not present the X-axis in size if a single marker is missing from even one of the samples in the assay. To rectify, manually assign the marker.
- No marker or sample was loaded onto the well. To rectify, manually save selected data of the ladder and samples that have upper and lower marker.
- Select Peak Table > right-click with the cursor on the target peak > Manually Set Lower (or Upper) Marker (Figure 2).
- Toggle X-axis to size (Figure 3).
Further details on 'Manual Marker Assignment' can be found starting page 58 of 2100 Bioanalyzer Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide.
Figure 2. Example showing X-axis data defaulted to time.
Figure 3. Example showing X-axis data in size after assigning markers correctly.
Save the ladder and selected sample data that have the upper and lower marker present to a separate file.
- Select File > Save Selected Sample (Figure 4) > choose the desired samples > Apply (Figure 5) > Save as new raw data (.xad) file.
- Toggle X-axis to size.
Figure 4. Choose selected samples.
Figure 5. Save selected samples as a new data file.
|For further troubleshooting help, please see Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer System Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide.|