This Information Applies To: 2100 Bioanalyzer system, 2100 Expert software, RNA assay, DNA assay, Protein assay
The X-axis description toggle icon in the Agilent 2100 Expert software toolbar (Figure 1) does not change the X-axis from time scale to base pairs, nucleotides, or kilodaltons. Displays X-axis in time scale only.
Figure 1. 2100 Expert software icon to toggle X-axis description from time to size
The common causes of toggle failure include:
- The software did not identify the peak. To rectify, manually integrate the peak.
- The software did not automatically assign the upper or lower marker in one or more wells of the 2100 Bioanalyzer assay. As a fail-safe, the software will not present the X-axis in size if a single marker is missing from even one of the samples in the assay. To rectify, manually assign the marker.
- No marker or sample was loaded onto the well. To rectify, manually save selected data of the ladder and samples that have upper and lower marker.
Manually assign lower or upper marker:
- Select Peak Table > right-click with the cursor on the target peak > Manually Set Lower (or Upper) Marker (Figure 2).
- Toggle X-axis to size (Figure 3).
Further details on 'Manual Marker Assignment' can be found starting page 58 of 2100 Bioanalyzer Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide.
Figure 2. Example showing X-axis data defaulted to time.
Figure 3. Example showing X-axis data in size after assigning markers correctly.
Save the ladder and selected sample data that have the upper and lower marker present to a separate file.
- Select File > Save Selected Sample (Figure 4) > choose the desired samples > Apply (Figure 5) > Save as new raw data (.xad) file.
- Toggle X-axis to size.
Figure 4. Choose selected samples.
Figure 5. Save selected samples as a new data file.
|For further troubleshooting help, please see Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer System Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide.|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.