This note describe how to operate the Agilent 1100/1200/1260 Series Capillary Pump (G1376A) in Normal flow mode.
The capillary pump is designed to deliver solvent within a wide flow range. The settable column flow ranges are:
- (Micro Mode) 0.01 to 20 µl/min
- (Micro Mode) 0.01 to 100 µl/min (with extended flow range kit)
- (Normal Mode) 1 to 2500 µl/min (electronic flow control bypassed)
The pump operation modes for the three flow ranges are different.
• For the first and second range the pump operates in the 'micro mode'. In this mode the Electronic Flow Control (EFC) is active to control the column flow.
• In the third range the pump operates in the 'normal mode'. In this mode the EFC is inactive. For best performance we recommend to bypass the EFC unit and install the purge valve.
Users who want to run their capillary LC in normal mode need to order the "0.1 to 2.5 mL/min flow capillary kit", part number 5065-4495. Instructions which come with the kit are attached. This will allow a flow rate of up to 2.5 ml/min.