Setting up reports on bracketed calibrations could be a challenge as calibration runs belong to multiple result groups and the association to 2 result groups cannot be achieved by e.g category aggregators.
The following describes a simple but effective workaround:
- Introduce a sample related custom field called “bracket ID”. Use a text type custom field.
- Do not use the ChemStation’s bracketing feature but set up the sequence in a ‘rolled’ out manner, like
STD, Sample 1, Sample2, Sample 3,STD, Sample 4, Sample 5, Sample 6, STD, Sample 7, Sample 8, Sample 9,STD,…
- Fill the bracket ID custom field for each sequence line. Standards that belong to 2 brackets should get 2 labels, e.g. comma separated:
Sample 1 01
Sample 2 01
Sample 3 01
Sample 4 02
Sample 5 02
Sample 6 02
Sample 7 03
Sample 8 03
Sample 9 03
- In the report template you could use a CONTAINS filter condition and apply it to the custom field.
- Generate a result table for bracket 1, including all calculations. When everything is done, copy the result table and change the filter condition to bracket ID 2 and so on.
Unfortunately, there is no FOR/NEXT functionality to loop the result table based on the bracket ID. However, the setup is not too complicated in case of 5 or 6 brackets per sequence.
(originally posted in OpenLAB Forum: https://zohodiscussions.com/openlabcdsforum#Topic/68030000000021019
2012 July 10