Effective technology life cycle strategies are changing the way lab managers and sourcing professionals acquire laboratory equipment. The convergence of business intelligence with well-defined technology roadmaps enables lab stakeholders to use more effective ways to acquire scientific instruments – from cash purchases and traditional financing to renting and leasing.An accurate picture of the laboratory equipment infrastructure identifies opportunities to proactively administer long-term capital budgets and financial models. By acting on these opportunities, you can realize the full value from your capital acquisitions.
Agilent CrossLab’s Laboratory Business Intelligence service helps provides answers to the following questions:
- What kind of equipment do you require for your experimental protocols, including the make, model and type?
- Can you leverage vendor service histories to make more informed decisions about capital acquisitions cycle?
- How many hours will you use the equipment each day, week or month?
- Do your testing requirements often change; protocols, methods, detection limits and criticality?
- What are your future acquisition plans in one, two or three years?